Thursday, December 13, 2007

3 Holiday Survival Workouts (plus more)

Most people slack big time come the holidays.

I'm not sure what it is besides "lack of time", but maybe some people feel it's OK to kick back and be like the regular Joe who watches TV non stop chomping away on twinkies and ring dings.

I use a little method that helps me get in plenty of workouts, and also keeps the metabolism stoking at a Very, Very high rate.

You'll see these over at The Underground as well.

Check out these 3 workouts, use them and I mean Really use them, start doing them today.

There is no better time than NOW!

Holiday Workout 1:

Perform the following 4 times throughout the day:

1) 50 squats
2) 50 push ups

I suggest upon rising, then lunch, then afternoon, then evening time.

This will give you 200 reps total of squats and push ups in one day. Each "workout" should take you 3 or 4 minutes.

If you're not strong enough to hit 50 reps straight through, pick a lower number. You'll get there soon enough with this program. This program is great for building strength as well.

Holiday Workout 2:

1) V Ups x 20

2) Handstand push up or handstand push up hold x max

If you can't do a handstand push up, kick up into the handstand position against the wall and hold for max time.

Hit the above workout 3 times in one day: Morning, Afternoon and Evening.

Holiday Workout 3:

1) Push Ups x 25

Work the 25 reps of push ups as often as possible through your day.
Dropping down for 25 push ups will take 1 minute.

We all have 1 minute several times a day, right?

I would hit these "Holiday Workouts" more than 3 times a week.

We have several "Holiday Survival" articles over at http://UndergroundStrengthCoach.com

We know this is a time sensitive time of year, and, I know that even if it wasn't the holidays, you may be time crunched, as I often am.

So you'll find workouts that last 20 minutes or less and help pack on strength, muscle all while burning fat around the clock.

I will leave you with this: "All the strength you need is already Inside of You"

Remember, time waits for no man, and Tony Robbins always said this to the person who procrastinates:"How about NOW would be a good time?"

Yes, it is written in question, but truly it's a statement, an Action statement!

Go get em' !

In Strength,

--Zach--

P.S. - Discover how to maximize your inner strength. I kid you not, the above mini workouts will improve your strength more than you can imagine. It's the same method I used to take me from 13 or 14 pull ups to 25 pull ups in under 2 weeks.

In full detail you'll find this rogue strength training method at http://UndergroundStrengthCoach.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Max Holmgren said...

Hey Zach,
I'm a basketball player and I know you probably don't get questions from a lot of us but I think that if you want to perform like a beast you've got to train like one. My question concerns the vertical leap. I was just curious on your thoughts about it. I love your blog and I've literally read everything on it. Anyways, there's an article written by Luke Lowrey, called "The Single Most Effective Exercise Ever Devised for Increasing Single Leg Athletic Power Output". I don't know if you've read it, but basically I'm wondering if Single Leg Hypers are just a waste of time or should I consider adding them to my workouts? I know Luke is a scamming douchebag who over-hypes and over-prices his products. But you have to admit, he makes this exercise sound pretty good. I also know I should stick with the basics because they work, but I guess I'm just curious. I've used these a little and have seen some improvement in my single leg jumping. I'm looking to improve my hops and "get the most bang for my buck" and I just don't want to pass on this exercise if it will help.
- Max
holmax@bethel.edu

P.S.- You can edit this if the link or Luke's name can't appear on your blog or webiste. Thanks.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Zach Even - Esh said...

hey Max

I never heard of this brother, if he is referring to the one leg reverse hyper, I don't think there is truly ONE exercise that will make or break you

I like seeing box squats, deadlift variations, split squat and lunge variations, glute ham raises, back extensions and of course, upper body strength helps improve vert and many don't address this.

Keep your program balanced w/the above leg exercises, try a squat / dead movement, then a unilateral movement, then a glute ham raise of back XT.

Sled work is also excellent for developing leg power / strength.

--z--

3:25 PM  
Blogger Zach Even - Esh said...

hey Max

I never heard of this brother, if he is referring to the one leg reverse hyper, I don't think there is truly ONE exercise that will make or break you

I like seeing box squats, deadlift variations, split squat and lunge variations, glute ham raises, back extensions and of course, upper body strength helps improve vert and many don't address this.

Keep your program balanced w/the above leg exercises, try a squat / dead movement, then a unilateral movement, then a glute ham raise of back XT.

Sled work is also excellent for developing leg power / strength.

--z--

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home