Sunday, July 29, 2007

The best bodyweight exercise?

There are going to be many arguments here, but damn, I just had a full blown bodyweight workout today, and I did 10 sets of handstand push ups.

These are awesome!

I love pull ups, I'm addicted to them, I often fo 5 sets of pull ups 5 days a week, no matter what.

But now I might end up doing handstand push ups just as often!

Imagine the physique one can build by simply performing pull ups, push ups and squats - they have endless variations, but man they are phenomenal movements and require NO equipment, NADA!

I had to kick up a few times during each set which was fine because it had me working harder.

My upper body was working like no tomorrow!

I can see this being a SERIOUS strength and muscle building movement.

I supersetted every set with all the various pull up apparatuses I have rigged in my gym.

(BTW, a new USC Gym tour is hitting you tube soon :)

After 10 sets of handstand push ups and endless pull ups, I hooked myself up to the power sports trainer from Lifeline and kicked my ass even more so.

Why?

Because I LOVE a challenge, I hate EASY workouts and I know easy doesn't cut it!

with the PST, I did the following non stop:

10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 reps:

A) sprint in place / high knees
B) squat jumps w/arm extensions at top
C) push ups

The finisher was 100 reps with a Lifeline weighted jump rope.

That was a bad a** workout, one that would fit right in with The REAL Man Fitness E Book!

Next Blog will cover How To perform the handstand push up!

I need to read a little Joe Vitale and rest up, tomorrow is a BIG day, it's The First Ever Open House for The USC GYM!

Hope to see you there :)

Dedicated to your success,

Zach Even - Esh

PS - If you live in NJ or just outside of NJ, come to our open house from 6 - 8 PM!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Shane said...

Did you want to get big to have a decent beach body? Well, a more well rounded and practical approach to training is easily had from bodyweight training. And, contrary to popular belief, you canbuild a serious physique even when most of your resistance training is in the form of bodyweight exercise.

Bodyweight Exercise

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home