Sunday, January 06, 2008

What's a Strength and Health Picnic?

Turn your speakers up, this is the ever magnificent song of the awe inspiring movie, 'Pumping Iron' - even better is 'Raw Iron' - where you see the footage that was NEVER included in the first movie.

Well, below you will see bodybuilding and weightlifting great, John Grimek.

John was actually born in Perth Amboy, which is a neighboring town, 5 minutes away from good ol' Edison.

Then, John lived in Pa., and was a few houses away from a young Richard Sorin, 'The Grip King', who I just interviewed for a NEW project you're about to feast on :)

Now that I have seen this video, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be hosting a 'Strength and Health Picnic' - Not sure how, but Spring time this must come to fruition.

You see, I'm a nostalgic kinda guy, I belonged in the Golden Era, I yearn for the days when egos were gone and jealousy and animosity was non-existant. Too many cry babies and whiners in the strength and conditioning field nowadays, it's ridiculous.

This picnic will be open to anyone who wants to train and or watch and have a good time.

That's the agenda, FUN, plain and simple. The more who attend, the more we can all learn from one another.

Check out the video and you'll see some amazing feats of strength, one of the toughest is the TIGER PRESS UP. It's a hand stand on the forearms, and then you push into a handstand!

Plus, look how strong Grimek is, looks like he's tossing around about 300 lbs. in the clean and press like Nothing.

Talk about muscle control...watch those triceps!!




You can also look forward to the following events from me:

Click HERE for a list of events I will be presenting at.

Early Spring expect the first ever Underground Strength Coach Certification to take effect, right here in Edison, NJ.

In strength,

Zach Even - Esh

1 Comments:

Blogger JimBathurst said...

This is one of my favorite clips. Guys just hanging around, lifting weights and doing acrobatics. Let me know when the picnic is, I'm there!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home