Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Another Critic, Another VERY....

Another critic writes in about our Underground methods....

and it's another guy telling us point blank that this stuff kicks serious ass!

Check it out and at the very bottom, try an Underground workout challenge :)

---------------

Zack,

Just a follow-up to an e-mail I sent you in April.

I started by getting into your 15 minute real-man work-outs and then I got your Ancient Training Methods DVD.

I, along with a few of my wrestlers, have been strength training using sandbags, sledgehammers, logs, tractor tires and body weight exercises.

I gotta tell you that two of my boys have increases their bench presses 40-50 lbs. in the last 6 weeks and we have not bench pressed except for testing purposes.

I myself just put up 285 lbs. and I only weigh about 140 lbs.

I've NEVER been able to bench twice my weight, not even during my college wrestling days where I was in the weight room all the time.

Just like my wrestlers, I have not been in the weight room at our high school.

The weather has been great and almost all of our training takes place outside and lasts no more than 45 minutes and typically last only 30-35 minutes.

I have been bragging about my boys to a few other coaches and they have a hard time believing the results we get from these workouts.

When you said that training with these ancient methods could get you brutally strong, you weren't blowing smoke.

Coaches are missing the boat in preparing their athletes if they're not using these methods.

The results my boys and I are seeing are un-"dirty word"- believable.

Thanks a load,

Nick Salatino

-------------------------

Wow, thanks to Nick for telling us how he feels about our info as well as the results! You can't argue with his results, that's for sure!

Test drive the Underground workout below and then post to our blog and let us know how you did:

** warm up as necessary **

1A) sandbag zercher squat 4 x 8 - 15 reps

1B) flat DB bench 4 x 6 - 10 reps

2A) mixed grip pull ups 4 x max reps

2B) 1 arm KB or DB clean & press 4 x 5 each

3) heavy farmer walks 2 x 150 - 200 ft.

** abs can be hit throughout the workout **

here's one more for good measure and one we did with our wrestlers.

** warm up as necessary **

1A) BB military press 4 x 5

1B) mixed grip pull ups 4 x max reps

2) 1 arm Kb cleans 3 x 5 - 8 each

3) 2 hand KB swings 3 x 10 - 12

4A) prowler push 3 x 150 ft

4B) KB farmer walk 3 x 150 ft

The final blast of the above workout was brutal. The prowler and farmer walk were alternated with approx. 30 sec. rest between sets

Nothing fancy, high paced and intense!

At the end we stretch and roll out on the foam roller.

Isn't time you went Underground already?

--Coach Z--

PS - Go ahead, take the first step HERE....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home