Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Where's the Dedication?

I have a problem, well, I have a few problems some might say, but one problem I have is a lack of tolerance for people who just can't stop making excuses.

I was out tonight at about 10 PM, returning home from the super market. I saw a group of kids running and I mean RUNNING! They were part of the track team for sure.

I remember those days in high school, when my buddy and I would go out running at midnight! There was nothing like it. The air was cleaner with less cars and the night felt like it was ours, it was as if we owned the night as we trained and everyone else was either sleeping or doing something less spectacular than us!

I know that if you're part of this BLOG you're one of the rare who make the commitment and train like a bad ass mofo!

I like that about you :)

Today, all our athletes went to war with the weights....or the sandbags....or the farmer walk bars....or the kettlebells....you catch my drift, right?

All the tools work, and hard work always seems to work, even when you're doing stuff the wrong way!

Soon, The Underground Strength Zone will open shop, and man, it's gonna be a BEAST of a facility! The paint is lookin' shaweeeeeeeeeet and people from the gym next door can't wait to see what I'm about to pull off!

Members of USC will be invited to a special members only open house. If you're a member, you'll get the info soon enough through an e mail or on the forum.

In the summer I'll be holding an Underground Seminar and in the Fall I am already planning a BIG weekend seminar with some BEASTS in the strength & conditioning community, I hope you're in :)

Now, back to our training...

I have found that the stuff that works great is what has worked great from way back in the day, it's nothing new :)

All the basics always bring home great results.

Watch what the guys do in the World's Strongest Man Contest, add basic free weight training to the mix and appropriate program design methods and your results come faster than all that fancy stuff you see in the magazines and gyms.

Program design has a boat load of science behind it, but the best place to start with is from within, and by that I mean listening to your body and training accordingly. I'm a big fan of old Soviet training methods but what has worked best for us is trial & error and always communicating.

Through communication we can adjust the training accordingly. Come to a soon to be held USC seminar and you'll learn all about it!

For now, let me finish by opening up the availability for someone to apply for internship at The Underground.

Some important points about being an intern at The Underground:

- This is a Non payed position

- This is not going to be a place where you hang out with me and train all day

- You will train WITH our athletes (hope you're TOUGH!!)

- You will learn communication skills - you can be strong and jacked but if you can't talk to the parents or relate to the kids you won't be much of a help here

- You will help with program design

- If you graduate our internship, You will have the opportunity to become a hired Coach at The Underground and get payed for it :)

Send your resume and reasons for applying to zach@undergroundstrengthcoach.com - do NOT send attachments, simply write them in your e mail (but save this for your own computer).

I can not respond to everyone, so please understand ahead of time.

Our facility is located in Edison, NJ.

until the next time,

see you at The Underground!

Best,

--Z--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home