Sunday, February 18, 2007

Too crazy to train?

Well, w/my sister in law's wedding today, all weekend has been insanity at my house.

Great fun I tell you :)

Absolutely not a free time for me to get to the garage and train.....

Instead, I've been hitting push ups for sets of 60 any time I can.

How quickly we forget about the power of high rep push ups done with high volume after we've been hitting the iron so much.

Coach Ethan Reeve did 500 push ups every morning in high school, he even did 500 push ups the same morning he won the state title!

Cary Kolat, 2 x NCAA D 1 champ would do 1,000 push ups a day!

Sometimes, our wrestlers don't begin their "workout" until they did 100 push ups, 100 squats and 100 lunges.

You'll hear in my interview with Coach Reeve about how he trained wrestlers when he was coaching in college, man, he had them doing work like you wouldn't believe, and all this work had to be done BEFORE the wrestling skill practice began!

Well, I have a few minutes, let me take off and crank out my push ups!

Dedicated to your success,

Zach Even - Esh

http://UndergroundStrengthCoach.com

http://CombatGrappler.com

PS - Maybe push ups are a bit old school? When I was a bartender the local wrestling coach and I would do 100 - 150 push ups after we shut down the bar. This man was in his 50's and he worked the liquor store next door. He always loved it when a fight broke out, it was his most enjoyable times!

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home